Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DraenerysDraenerys
      Participant

Hey Tigers,
      Just a short post about the possibility of raiding as a guild in season 4. I thought it was fun running some (normal) raids with a full Tigers/community group at the start of season 3 and hope that we might be able to do that again for the upcoming season. It’s gonna be the previous Dragonflight raids, on a 2 week rotation, with higher ilvl and with token drops that can be used to buy ANY item from a vendor (including weapons, trinkets and legendaries). And if we complete all three (on normal) there’s a mount reward, so the rewards are pretty sweet!

It would be great if we could do 2 raids a week, but even if it was just once it might still be fun and worth it. I guess the raids would be on the standard raid nights (Monday, Thursday), but that could be up for debate if a lot of people prefer a different night. I’m assuming (hoping) that Pol will keep up his invaluable work as raid leader and guide us all to the shinnies at the end of the tunnel.

Please share your thoughts on this idea:
      • Will you be joining the raid (at least at the start of season 4?) If not, please share your thoughts on why not.
      • Do the Monday and Thursday (20.30 – 22.30) timeslots work for you? (we will go with what works for the majority ofc.)
      • Have you got any other feedback regarding raiding that you’d like to share? (please do, we are all adults and will regard criticism as constructive feedback).

Thanks for your feedback

Drae

BlackwidowBlackwidow
      Participant

Hey all,

As you noticed I lost my motivation a bit for raiding. The main reason for me is that we have to pug so many people, and often pugs leave again when there’s a wipe. It takes some time then to fill the spots again. Beside the long breaks I also don’t see the fun if a couple of powerfull pugs carry me. If we beat bosses I wanna have the feeling that we did it as a team. Around 4-5 years ago we had a large community and then we didn’t need pugs. At that time raids were good fun for me.

It would motivate me to come back for raiding if we (slowly) try to get a bigger community, until we dont need the pugs anymore. That would mean that we write in the description that we’re a progressing group. There’s a good chanche the whiners won’t join then, but we get people like us in the group. People who like to raid in a nice atmosphere. I realise it takes some time before we have again a big community group, but in the end I think we have a nice raidgroup who’s not dependent anymore on pugs.

Also I think it’s important that we start with normal, and that finishing normal is the maingoal. We can try after heroic, but if we see the group can’t defeat some heroic bosses then go back to normal or maybe first heroic bosses. To be honest I see the last years we struggle a bit with our dps numbers. It’s fine for normal but I think it’s not enough for the later heroic bosses. And that’s all fine. But it might be more realistic then to skip those hard heroic bosses.

Beside all I wrote so far I have a final point. Sometimes we have real pug-assholes in the group. Thats’very annoying, and I can understand well if we remove them from the group. But I also noticed that sometimes some pugs wanna give us good advice. They just wanna help us, and at the same time I noticed that some people from our community reacted very negatively to it. It would be nice if we could see the difference between constructive criticism and misbehavior.

I also hope that I am not offending anyone personally with my response. It’s just my perception of raiding at the moment, and if you don’t agree with me, that’s also fine of course. Pol is doing an excellent job as a raid leader. In a way I am gratefull you started this thread Drae, cause I hope there will be a movement to get guildies back to raiding. I think it’s a good thing if we do more things together in the guild (it should however never be an obligation). Beside raiding I also hope we can get more mythic+ runs going.

Thanks for reading,
      Blackwidow

AtholonAtholon
      Participant

Due to work commitments, I can’t always make it to the raid, but I very much want to raid with the Tigers because you are all lovely. If we had a regular group, then I would make more of an effort to try to get here as much as possible to support progression of the raid building though the levels of difficulty.

When active there are two main groups that run dungeons frequently together which is fine, but why not have a Dungeon night were people who don’t normally run them or are concerned about their personal ability playing the game and possibly letting others down, can join and we can all help each other.
      I don’t understand some of the intricacies and mechanics of the dungeons or raids, but I know a lot of you do and I’m always tapping into Drae’s knowledge to help me with mechanics.

I would like to raid with the Tigers, but I want to Tank on my Warrior. I know there is competition for spots so why couldn’t we rotate week about and I could then bring my Paly on my DPS weeks and i would enjoy mixing it up with tanking and DPS’ing. It’s just a though as others might like to do the same thing to change from tanking, to healing or DPS. This is the fun season where we get to do them all over again, so why not and see how it goes building up the next expansion.

Anyway, just my thoughts and happy for constructive feedback, or happy for you to tell me my ideas are nuts.

P.S. Pol, you do a great job with the time you must put in to learn the raid mechanics I for one really appreciate it, but can I say, I think we push on to fast at times and some will miss out on gear and the learning.

PharvenPharven
      Keymaster

For me the main reason why i stopped raiding a few years ago was that i have a job now and the raiding times don’t go well for me with this. After lets say 21:30 i was getting real tires and lost all my focus. Another point i had but i don’t know how that is now, was that we did HC while we were not ready for it and so we were just dying the whole evening without any progression.

Those were the reasons i quit raiding back then. If we could just stick to normal and just have some fun that would be nice. And is it maybe an option for people to leave after an hour instead of going the full run if they want to? That would be nice for me but i can also see some problems with that so it’s just an idea.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.